Last week, we spent an overnight at Batlag Falls, Tanay. After our Daranak Falls visit 3 weeks ago, we felt an urge to visit Batlag which is nestled above it.
Who will not fall in love with this beauty?
Batlag Falls is just a 10 minute trek from Daranak Falls. It is less crowded than Daranak- prolly because one has to exert an effort climbing it or maybe it's because of the additional entrance fee.
We were there on a Friday- tatlong grupo lang kami na andun. It felt like we own the place for us. Ang saya lang!
BEST THINGS TO DO IN BATLAG:
1. Spend overnight and sleep in a tent.
2. Sip morning coffee with the sound of the birds chirping and the gushing waters at the background.
3. Unleash the 'Master Chef' in you.
4. Take a plunge.
5. Mag- 'moments of love'.
6. Use the floater and go boating.
7. Celebrate ' San Juan Fiesta' and make 'basaan'. Ahihihi
8. Relive 'scout' days and roast mallows over bonfire.
We sure had a great time and I know you will too!
How to go to Batlag:
Same route as Daranak. Check directions here.
After paying the P50 entrance fee at Daranak, it's a 10 minutes walk to Batlag.
CAUTION: Nakakahingal ang pag-akyat, but manageable. :)
Transpo (Van/ 2 way Starmall to Tanay Poblacion)- P140
Trike (350 2 way/ 5pax)- P70
Food and grocery- P200/ pax
Entrance fee (Daranak)- P50
Entrance fee (Batlag overnight)- P200
Tent- free (we brought our own)
- There's a comfort room but it is not well maintained. Water is free though.
- Bring flashlight or rechargeable lamp as it is pitch dark during the night.
- No phone signals in most of the area.
- No electricity in the falls area.
- Best to visit the area on a week day if you prefer less crowd.